2011年3月31日木曜日

My mail to 'Cookie' (m past colleage)

'Cookie', one of my colleagues in the clinic in Topeka, gave me an email the other day, inquiring me about my state after the Tohoku-Kanto Earthquake hit Northern part of Japan. I haven't replied to her yet as I was preoccupied with something else. Now I'm writing one.

Cookie, three weeks after the earthquake, our family is getting somewhat settled down emotionally, mainly as the after quakes became less frequent and our impending feeling that "something worse might happen" is somewhat gone. (Tokyo, where we live, was not severely hit, as you might know.) We are now getting into the "Hanami" season (singing and drinking under cherry trees in full bloom) but many Japanese feel they are not really "entitled to enjoy" this event as you might imagine.
I sometimes think about you folks and the clinic ('Valeo' Mental Health - you haven't changed the name yet? Sounds still strange to me. ) Gee that Zabrowski-guy did so much on us. He changed the name of our clinic and is now gone to Las Vegas? But still I like him. I finally forgot the name of your past clinical director that I had so much trouble with. It is a good sign, isn't it?
I might have told you that I am now in a teaching position in a university setting (a graduate school for clinical psychology). I enjoy pretty much my students and also my patients as well as my colleagues who are pretty much nice to me. I feel that I became much more socially adaptive than in the past. (I think I was doing OK with you guys, correct?) How is Dr. Montano doing!! Let me know sometime later. 
Ken